lucky enough to have dodged the worst of the floods. It’s a different story in other parts of Metro Manila and Luzon Photo by Jr. Lo (via FB).
I’m re-posting this list of donations centers where you can send your donations (food, clothing, etc.) to the victims of tropical storm Ondoy from Miriam Quiambao’s blog (shobiz ever, yes).
Relief Aid and Donations
- (UPDATE) NU 107 G/F. Suite 102, AIC Gold Tower, Emerald Ave, Ortigas Center Pasig City
- (UPDATE) Spreadsheet of all donation centers/drop-off points with contact numbers.
- Victory Fort is opening its doors to those affected by the typhoon. Call 813-FORT.
- NoyMar relief Operations: Clare Amador (+639285205508) or Jana Vicente at +639285205499). Drop off for relief donations is at Balay Expo Center across Farmers Market Cubao.
- Miriam Quiambao drop off points: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood, or message http://www.twitter.com/miriamq for more details.
- Philippine Army Gym inside Fort Bonifacio or GHQ Gym in Camp Aguinaldo are now distributing donations for Ondoy Victims.
- Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk,Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
- Caritas Manila Office at Jesus St., Pandacan Manila near Nagtahan Bridge (+632-5639298, +632-5639308)
- Radio Veritas at Veritas Tower West Ave. Cor EDSA (+632-9257931-40)
- Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy
- Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah, a disaster response arm of the Jesuits, is accepting donations. Please drop it off sa Ateneo Cervini Dorm.
- Philippine National Red Cross‘ different ways to Donate.
- Red Cross Load Donations: Right now the easiest way to make donations from the seat of your chair is via mobile phone load. The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations. Text: REDAMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
- Ateneo de Manila University is now accepting donations for the victims of Ondoy. Donations can be dropped at MVP Lobby. For those stranded/those who need help: To all students who need help or know of people who need help. Please text the name, location, and contact number to (+6329088877166). ATENEO, which is now an open shelter, accepts refugees. Call (+632917-8952792)
- Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
- TXTPower now accepts donations via SmartMoney 5577514418667103, GCash 09179751092 and Paypal http://is.gd/3GvuN
- Our Lady of Pentecost Parish (+632-4342397, +632-9290665) per Gabe Mercado, donations are very much welcome. The Parish is located at 12 F. Dela Rosa corner C. Salvador Sts., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
- Hillsborough Village Chapel – Water, blankets, shoes, and clothes may be sent to Hillsborough Village Chapel in Muntinlupa City. These will go to families whose houses were washed out in the nearby sitios.
- Greenhills/Mandaluyong/San Juan Area, if you want to help out with the rescue and relief operations, you can drop off your donations (clothes, food, etc..) at La Salle Greenhills Gate 2 tomorrow or volunteer from 9am to receive, sort, repack the donations.
- Petron: You may bring your relief goods to [SELECTED] Petron branches.
- LUCA stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash pls).
- “LUZON RELIEF: Volunteer / Donate / Pray”: Donations can be brought to RENAISSANCE FITNESS CENTER, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers Ortigas, Meralco Avenue, starting MONDAY (Sept.28) / 9am – 7pm Contact Person: Warren Habaluyas (+632929-8713488) or email at email@example.com
- MOONSHINE boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and
- Katipunan Avenue. Contact Erica Paredes at (+632917-4741930) — they need bread, packed juice, sandwich filling (tuna, chicken, anything) You can help her make them, deliver the sandwiches to her house, or help her distribute! Call for more details.
- Manor Superclub, Eastwood City will accept goods and other emergency items starting Sunday at 10 am.
- Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC): Relief goods for typhoon victims being accepted at 72-A Times St., West Triangle, QC. Tel (+632-9299820/22)
- MINISTOP IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.
For relief donations through Philippine Red Cross:
text RED [space] AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
You can only send the following amounts: 5, 25, 50, 100, and 300. Texting donation is only P1/message.
text DONATE [space] AMOUNT [space] 4-digit M-PIN [space] REDCROSS to 2882
1. CASH or CHECK
Please send cash or check donations to the PNRC National Headquarters in Manila. Checks should be made payable to The Philippine National Red Cross. We can also arrange for donation pick-up.
2. BANK DEPOSIT
Account Name: The Phil. Nat’l. Red Cross
Port Area Branch
Peso Acct.: 151-3-041-63122-8
Dollar Acct.: 151-2-151-00218-2
Type of Acct. : SAVINGS
Swift Code: MBTC PH MM
BANK OF THE PHIL. ISLANDS
Port Area Branch
Peso Acct.: 4991-0010-99
Type of Account: CURRENT
BANK OF THE PHIL. ISLANDS
Dollar Acct.: 8114-0030-94
Type of Account: SAVINGS
Swift Code: BOPI PH MM
I’m pretty sure that the mothership and the stepmothership will also hold donation campaigns with their employees and consultants.
On NYTimes: Dozens Killed in Philippines Flooding.
It’s a slow-news day, so here is a nice filler. Presidential spawn and talentless movie actor Pampanga Congressman Mikey Arroyo‘s reasoning about irregularities in his Statement of Assets and Liabilities doesn’t make sense, but his challenge for anyone to sue him does. Somebody please give it to him.
[googlemaps https://www.gmanews.tv/evideo/47092/interview-with-rep-mikey-arroyo-on-his-properties” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”>This page requires a higher version browser
- Presidential spawn’s net worth grew from P5 million in 2002 to P76 million in 2008. The difference is hindi kalakihan anyway.
- Contributions to his campaign funds made his life “nakagaan ng kaunti.” (“Tapos pag kampanya, siyempre kahit papaano marami ding tumutulong sa atin. Hindi naman sa nakaipon, pero siyempre nakakagaan ng kaunti… “). Still, from P5 million to P76 million in just 5 years???
- He wouldn’t divulge on TV who the other investors in the company are, although their names are registered with the SEC and thus, are on public records. However, spawn wants to make it hard for Monsod and everyone watching the segment to find out who they are.
- Presidential son/business entity flips houses in the US but doesn’t sell house, but flips house, have one house, then other house, and then…I’m confused.
- Everybody in the government does it anyway. WoOt?
- Winnie Monsod can put any spawn in his place, especially if spawn is not particularly bright.
- Arnold Clavio saying ill-gotten wealth is major LOL.
- Mikey Arroyo sounds like, and is as inarticulate as, Willie Revillame.
- Spawn, take note, is a legislator. He signs documents he says he doesn’t understand, which makes one wonder if he read the bills he voted for. Does he even read?
Via Ellen Tordesillas
The house being questioned is located at 1655 Beachway Park Boulevard, San Mateo, California:
I missed the DVD sale at the reception area the other day, though. In spite of my non-working dibidi player, I’m still acquiring new titles, particularly the ones that never made it to local cinemas and would not make it to video stores. So far, I have “blu-ray” copies of Love in the Time of Cholera and Cinema Paradiso. And if I so much as get a glimpse of the films that we used to review at film class back in college, I would trade in half of my weekly lunch budget. This is one convenience that I had stopped enjoying ever since I jumped ships from Ayala to Pasong Tamo, and having someone bring in contrabands all the way to the office premises is sort of…fun. Give me the classics, yo, and more of that dude who played the serial killer in that Cohen brothers movie.
From snacks to pirated media to…bags! There is an on-going sale of luxury bags (Chanel, LV, Prada, etc.) at the 5th floor. Everything sells for about half of the original price, but that is still a lot if you’re talking about parting with 50k in cash for a piece of fashion heaven. Apparently, I am neither label-crazy nor high net worth. But trust upon the enterprising among us to offer some pretty, authentic (I hope! How would I know?), price-friendly for the budget-friendly stuff. Receiving a catalog of purty things last night felt like a walk into the budget section of lower Manhattan’s best kept retail secret: Century 21.
I chose three items from the catalog…or zipped photos, but what the hey, digital is cheaper; cheaper overhead means less cost passed on to customers.
Preppy. I like!
White. Perfect if you are riding jeepneys through Makati’s smoggy
rush hour traffic. And when you’re in Makati, every hour is rush hour.
Sporty. I like the most! Sold 🙁
I also like that man-purse with shiny gold lame that Fed uses at this year’s Wimbledon, but I’m afraid that bag was made only for him, much like the Uncle Ho jacket.
UPDATE 3: I like the jacket, the shoes, and certainly the bag. I’m not sure about the pants, but I hope he wears it right when he gets 15th.
Oh Roger, chuck the pants and the vest. The military jacket is fine as it is. You’re not supposed to look like you were serving actual food, just bagels and bread sticks, which you can serve pretty well wearing your usual outfit.