Here I thought that anyone who’s ever said, “I’m busy!” was just overstating things and giving the impression of their probably self-proclaimed sense of importance.
But yes, I have been busy the past six weeks, I could hardly catch my breath. So what has happened since my last update? Well…
- I celebrated another birthday for which I am extremely grateful
- I survived yet another great Manila deluge, which happens oh! every year!
- Rediscovered old passions – I’m a book and history nut, and there’s nothing I can (nor would change) about it.
- Spent time with friends, if only to empty my head of plans, worries, and to-dos. Sometimes, you just don’t want to think, full stop.
- Had people thrown down my path and realised how much I needed them. Some people inspire you to give your very best without knowing it.
- Read books and acquired more books than I could possibly read, but who cares?
- Had THREE haircuts within a span of just four weeks! It’s a record, but please stop before you start judging that I’m depressed. A woman can get a haircut for no emotional reason at all,especially when there’s a really really good ate hairstylist who can whip out a style at a really friendly price point.
- Missed Pacific Rim at the theaters.
- Missed Cinemalaya film festival
- Discovered new art/indie films. Forget Me Not, anyone? I’m just a sucker for walkie-talkie movies.
- Missed the deadline for enrollment to French language lessons.
- Reconnected with an old friend. I still kind of like him, but oh well…
- Still wondering what a cronut tastes like.
- Still sad that Ben Affleck is the next actor to play Batty instead of Mr. Armitage.